Expert support to transform your food business
Waste by-products hit your bottom line and the environment.
The Re(PURPOSE) Incubator was created to help food and beverage companies turn by-products into sustainable new products and revenue.
It is a simple pathway to ingredient and product commercialization for unavoidable food waste.
The Re(PURPOSE) Incubator takes companies step-by-step through the process of creating a new Upcycled ingredient or product so that your current by-products start generating revenue.
Value Proposition for Companies
Unlock the value of your by-products and transform them into revenue generating ingredients and products that reduce waste, return nutrients back into the food system and will resonate with your eco-conscious GenZ and Millennial consumers and employees.
Our Step-by-Step Process
We’ll take you step-by-step through the process of creating a new Upcycled ingredient or product so that your current by-products start generating revenue
Food Waste Quantification
- Food Loss + Waste Assessment with avoidable/unavoidable quantification
- Operational Assessment to address any operational changes necessary to properly capture the by-products for Upcycling
Nutritional & Economic Analysis
- Market Opportunity Analysis summarizing potential applications for the by-product
- Economic Analysis on the potential return-on-investment and value proposition for each of the potential applications for the by-product including target market research
- Value Proposition analysis to refine the value proposition and market fit for the new Upcycled product
- A Go-to-market Strategy including a detailed tactical plan for launching your new Upcycled Product
Who Should Apply
Food and beverage companies based in Ontario who have a bi-product that is currently being wasted. There are only spots available for 6 companies. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
In 2020, as part of Our Food Future, Provision Coalition worked with six collaborator businesses in Guelph and Wellington County to create three fully circular gourmet meals. The COIL Re(PURPOSE) Incubator will seek to deliver similar outcomes for participating businesses.
The COIL Re(PURPOSE) Incubator program is funded by both the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario and the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture Food and Rural Affairs.